[jboss-as7-dev] Request for review of DomainServletApi bridge

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 16:48:56 EDT 2011

> I'll defer to Darran on the security aspects of this; i.e. how to ensure
> that this webapp integrates with management layer's security configuration.

I will have a look at how we can bridge that gap - if this is definitely
needed it is not impossible to bridge, especially if we can say this is
standalone only.

> If we do this, it shouldn't be enabled by default for the reasons Darran
> mentioned. But the patch doesn't seem to have it on by default.
>
> We'll need to disable this capability for a server running in domain
> mode, as a domain mode server is not meant to expose a
> directly-accessible-to-the-end-user management interface. The host
> controller exposes that.
>
> On 6/8/11 2:56 PM, Scott Stark wrote:
>> I wanted to be able to access the domain api that is currently served up
>> by the domain-api-http services on localhost:9990/domain-api via the
>> jbossweb connectors (localhost:8080/domain-api by default), so I created
>> a org.jboss.as.web.domain.{DomainApiContextService,DomainApiServlet}
>> pair that does this. I only have the GET access working at the moment,
>> but wanted feedback on how to proceed as the DomainApiServlet has to
>> duplicate a lot of the domain-api-http
>> org.jboss.as.domain.http.server.DomainApiHandler because of the servlet
>> api vs org.jboss.com.sun.net.httpserver differences. It is relatively
>> easy to refactor the DomainApiHandler to isolate the differences so that
>> the bulk of the code can be used by the DomainApiServlet, but before
>> doing that I wanted some feedback on the changes so far:
>>
>> https://github.com/starksm64/jboss-as/commit/03cc9156e05358f3e1a6d36c4df7349325d2f41f
>>
>> Should this be in the web module or factored out into a new module that
>> depends on domain-api-http and web?

Darran Lofthouse - Principal Software Engineer

Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Brendan Lane (Ireland), Matt Parson
(USA), Charlie Peters (USA)