[jboss-as7-dev] Request for review of DomainServletApi bridge

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 16:54:30 EDT 2011

On 6/8/11 2:14 PM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
> On 06/08/2011 10:06 PM, Scott Stark wrote:
>> This is not a pull request, just a review request.
> Yeah we are just reviewing if making the management APIs available
> through JBoss Web fits with the decisions / approach already taken ;-) -
> so far we have been able to consider the management APIs isolated from
> the actual AS.

I'm thinking this work probably best fits in a new subsystem that builds
on both the domain-http-api and depends on jbossweb as the http server
rather than org.jboss.com.sun.net.httpserver.HttpServer. Now I would
think if used, this is a new interface in the management-interfaces:

<management-interfaces>
<!--
<native-interface interface="default" port="9999"/>
<http-interface interface="default" port="9990"/>
-->
<jbossweb-interface interface="..." context="domain-api" ... />
</management-interfaces>

and there would have to be some extension api to expand the
management-interfaces domain configuration.
> Do you have any idea of the timescale for this?  Is this something you
> are looking to have in 7.0.0 or 7.1.0?

Probably 7.1 as I'll just use a branch for any immediate term released I
need to do for openshift.

> Reviewing the code I am not sure if the following line is really
> applicable: -
>
> if (welcome&&  defaultWebModule != null)
>     throw new XMLStreamException("The domain-api can not be enabled on a
> host that has a default web module", reader.getLocation());
>
> The purpose of this in the welcome context was to ensure that there are
> not two apps deployed to the root context.

Ok, right.