[jboss-as7-dev] AS7 Arquillian update call (minutes)

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Fri Jun 10 04:48:07 EDT 2011

Here is what we talked about

#1 JSF test coverage

JSF depends on the servlet protocol. We resurrect the servlet protocol
in a maven profile. All profiles in testsuite/smoke must run by default.
Profiles can use their respective arquillian protocol. Tests are
exclusively organised in profiles according to their package. Aslak, has
volunteered to make the next progress step (AS7-983
<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-983>)

#2 Arquillian CR1

Aslak and Thomas work on CR1. The JMX protocol is to become abstract
again. The arq-osgi-bundle will be generated dynamically as part of the
osgi protocol. CR1 can be brought into AS7 when it is ready and causes
no regression.

#3 arquillian-service not getting undeployed

The arquillian-service is dynamically generated and deployed before the
first test runs. Due a bug in surefire/junit arquillian does not receive
an @AfterSuite event. As a result the arquillian-service is not
undeployed, causing subsequent test runs on the same server to fail.
This is currently worked around by overwriting the server before every
test run. Thomas is going to explore an option whereby the
arquillian-service is first detected/undeployed before the new version
is deployed. (AS7-972 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-972>)

#4 Feature requests for EAP testing

Karel reported a number of feature request, namely

Controlling and monitoring of JBoss AS from Arquillian tests (e.g.
injecting DomainClient)
for both standalone and domain controllers
     * Asynchronous start, stop
     * Manual start after modifying a domain configuration
     * Monitoring of container and deployment status
     * Forced / programmable kill

Karel is going to create a number of jira feature requests with
associated test case templates that contain pseudo code of what he wants
the test to do

#5 simplified testsuite structure

Thomas is going to make a proposal on how to simplify the test suite
structure
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-as7-dev/2011-June/002439.html

#6 Running the test suites with IPv6

Its a requirement that EAP can run on IPv6. Thomas is going to add a
switch whereby the server and the test client can run on IPv6 (AS7-984
<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-984>)

cheers
-thomas

--