[jboss-as7-dev] JBOSS_HOME/client in AS7 for client accessible jars

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 10:51:03 EDT 2011

On 06/14/2011 03:26 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> I've been seeing many users asking how to add the Java EE (and other
> client accessible) jars to their classpath while developing against AS7:
[...]
> Thoughts? If no one has any objection, can this branch
> https://github.com/jaikiran/jboss-as/commits/client-lib be pulled
> upstream please?

For client purposes I really think we should have simpler JAR names than
this, maybe based on module name.  For example
"jboss-ejb-api_3.1_spec-1.0.0.Final.jar" could be "javax_ejb_api.jar".

Or perhaps we should use an aggregated javaee.jar.  Either way I don't
like just piling these JARs into the client folder unmodified.

And there will be other client JARs we need too like Remoting, DMR, and
the controller-client JAR.
--
- DML