[jboss-as7-dev] JBoss AS 7 Getting Started Guide for developers + Docs repo

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 06:25:38 EDT 2011

On 14 Jun 2011, at 19:54, Jesper Pedersen wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:19:37 AM Jesper Pedersen wrote:
>> Once it is pulled upstream we can discuss the chapter layout.

I've pulled it.

> Before everybody starts to think about it - here is my suggestion as attached.

IMO a lot of this content is a general admin guide. The getting started guide should be very simple and just cover a few config topics. My list would be:

* App server layout
* Logging configuration
* Adding a datasource
* Getting started with the management console
* Getting started with the CLI

Anything else should be bumped to a general admin guide - don't want to overwhelm people!

I would suggest a similar approach for developer guides. What we have now for the getting started guide shouldn't be expanded on too much. When we add docs for using every feature in EJB or CDI, this should go in the main Developers Guide.