[jboss-as7-dev] Deployment terms in CLI

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 04:46:02 EDT 2011

The deployment terms are really messed up in the CLI.
I.e. the command is named "deploy <foo.bar>", but at the same time an operation exists on the deployment to "deploy" (aka enable) it:

[domain at localhost:9999 /] deploy ~/Desktop/test-application.war --all-server-groups

[domain at localhost:9999 /] /server-group=main-server-group/deployment=test-application.war:deploy

I would suggest we align these terms with WIKI page:
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/AS7DeploymentTerms

This would mean to rename the command to "upload" and the operation to "enable".
Whatever we chose, we need to remove the ambiguity.

Ike