[jboss-as7-dev] Deployment terms in CLI

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 07:18:47 EDT 2011

Just re-naming the current deploy command to upload doesn't sound nice
to me.
Because the command actually deploys the package (unless you add
--disabled). So, it's as clear as it can be.

Renaming just to match an operation name doesn't justify it for me in
this case. It may also do a full-replace if --force is specified, btw.

So, if we were to re-name the command we would have to review the
arguments too.
Would 'upload' enable by default? Or it would only if --enable is
specified (with server groups in the domain mode)?
Should enable be a separate command? Which would accept server groups,
etc? This would mean two commands instead of one to actually deploy an app.

What would "undeploy" be renamed to? "remove" seems to be too general.
unload? remove-deployment?

Alexey