[jboss-as7-dev] Configuration conundrum with Express

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 02:14:14 EDT 2011

>>> That's not the case when running against a local server thus always doing it as part as tool  deploy
>>> is then not feasible IMO - having a way to easily run the script would be relevant though.
> Right, so, can we have a tools "configured server" notion that takes the standalone.xml at a given point, a cli batch file, and overwrites the standalone.xml and reapplies the batch file as a configure operation?

I can easily see us having a "Apply CLI batch…" action or similar which I (guess?) would have to use the local AS7 CLI command to execute them against a server.

Not sure I fully follow your "configured server notion" - do you mean that we would bundled a "openshift setup" containing of a standalone.xml + cli file that users "apply" to the server ?

Trying to think where that would fit in…

> In general this will be different from the remote/cloud environment even if one can use env/system property references because I'll have my desktop using a different database than in the remote env for example. Maybe the way to handle this is to have multiple scripts, one for the commands common to each environment, another for the configurations that differ more fundamentally based on the services available in the environment.

not sure how to handle that without exposing a lot of complexity to the user…;(

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen