[jboss-as7-dev] Adding a subsystem via CLI

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 11:33:53 EDT 2011

Yes but you have to use operations (unless someone creates helper
commands). Subsystems often involve multiple resources, so for best
results you need to do a "composite" operation with mutliple ADD
operations for every subresource. Otherwise everytime becomes runtime
updates after the initial subsystem add operation and you might get into
a situation where one of the runtime updates requires a server restart

On 10/21/11 10:21 AM, Scott Stark wrote:
> Can a complete subsystem configuration be added via the CLI? Based on
> the current docs and help, it does not seem so. One common usage in
> openshift is the desire to extend the base as7 cartridge to add new
> application type support. Examples are torquebox and switchyard. I don't
> expect that the modules for the subsystem would be added via the CLI,
> just the domain configuration.
>
> [standalone at localhost:9999 /] help --commands
> Commands available in the current context:
> add-jms-cf         add-jms-queue      add-jms-topic      batch
> cd                 clear              command            connect
> data-source        deploy             help               history
> ls                 pwd                quit               remove-jms-cf
> remove-jms-queue   remove-jms-topic   undeploy           version
> xa-data-source
> To read a description of a specific command execute 'command_name --help'.

Jason T. Greene
JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect