[jboss-as7-dev] Adding a subsystem via CLI

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 15:41:34 EDT 2011

Ok, I did figure out the syntax for adding the jmx subsystem as an
example. The initial add of the extension cannot be part of the
composite operation that adds the subsystem because there are no
handlers for the subsystem=jxm add until this is done. The following two
CLI commands accomplish adding the jmx subsystem and related socket
bindings:

/extension=org.jboss.as.jmx:add
/:composite(steps=[{"operation" => "add","address" => [("subsystem" =>
"jmx")], "show-model" => true}, {"operation" => "add-connector",
"address" => [("subsystem" => "jmx")], "server-binding" =>
"jmx-connector-server", "registry-binding" => "jmx-connector-registry"},
{"operation" => "add", "address" => [("socket-binding-group" =>
"standard-sockets"), ("socket-binding" => "jmx-connector-registry")],
"port" => 1090, "interface" => "management"}, {"operation" => "add",
"address" => [("socket-binding-group" => "standard-sockets"),
("socket-binding" => "jmx-connector-server")], "port" => 1091,
"interface" => "management"}])

I documented this here:
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/AddingANewExtensionSubsystemViaTheCLI