[jboss-as7-dev] EJB passivation/activation, clustering and JPA extended persistence context handling...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 12:10:35 EDT 2011

On 10/24/2011 11:17 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> On 10/24/11 9:54 AM, Scott Marlow wrote:
>>

>> On 10/24/2011 10:47 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>>> Throwing NotSerializableException instead of serializing means removing
>>> support for clustering SFSBs with an XPC. That IMHO would be a pretty
>>> major feature regression. I believe we have supported that since AS 4.2
>>> if not earlier.
>>
>> I don't disagree, was just interested in hearing from anyone that
>> thought we shouldn't do this and why. I appreciate the feedback that we
>> should do it. :)
>>

> Paul had done a bunch of cool stuff around XPC serialization that he had
> to put on the back burner to focus on the AS 6 Infinispan integration.

I think that Paul has been continuing the ideas presented in
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/DevEJB3NewSFSBCache for the SFSB
clustering (Paul?), but some changes will be needed for clustering the
extended persistence context.

The knowledge of the group of SFSBs related to a single SFSB (through
its XPCs, is available in the JPA subsystem and can be exposed via the
XPCSerializationController SPI.  If the SPI is wrong, lets correct it.

If we cannot use the SPI for clustering, I'll remove the clustering
aspects from it, but I'm hoping that won't be the case.