[jboss-as7-dev] Problem met on as7 clustering with mod_cluster

Weinan Li weli at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 06:13:35 EST 2012

On Jan 20, 2012, at 7:07 PM, Radoslav Husar wrote:

> On 01/20/2012 11:59 AM, Weinan Li wrote:

>>> Weinan,
>>>
>>> mod_cluster has been built around the idea of load-balancing
>>> intelligently by communicating load from the server to the
>>> load-balancer. Round-robin is far from intelligent :-) and there is no
>>> such option.
>>>
>>> Look at what options you have for configuring load metrics in AS7
>>> http://docs.jboss.org/mod_cluster/1.1.0/html_single/#LoadMetric (so
>>> "requests" might be the best one to actually see it load-balance).
>>>
>>> You might also want to try killing the server to see it fail-over to
>>> the other instance.
>> I've tried to kill domain controller and the requests are forwarded to
>> slave host, and sessions are not lost. Cool!
>>
>> Another question: can domain controller be also support failover?
>
> Now that's a question for Brian :-)
>
> But if I remember correctly, this was not coming in 7.1, I cant seem to find the Jira for it.
Get it, thank you for help Rado :-) Anyway, I've finished writing this article in Chinese about AS7 Clustering with all your help (I believe this is the first *complete* step-by-step article about how to setting up a working domain+clustering AS7 on internet):

http://bluedash.net/t/cd1e78c90099c8b8aadf7a1884b56669

> Rado

Cheers,
- Weinan Li