[jboss-as7-dev] Allign deployment phases with OSGi terminology

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 03:30:30 EDT 2012

The problem is also with Phase.REGISTER, which is an awkward name
because Phase.INSTALL (which captures the meaning) was already taken

Phase.*MODULE* is awkward because a Module may not be present - this is
increasingly so because we support a wider range of OSGi bundle
deployments (e.g. jdbc drivers and other 3rd party artefacts get
distributed as bundles)

Phase.INSTALL is awkward (as you say) because according to the OSGi
standard it means "install", but don't resolve/activate. In AS7 it means
"activate"

-thomas

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx