[jboss-as7-dev] Process for patching localized translation files

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu May 10 13:47:40 EDT 2012

Hi Manuel,

Can you describe a bit what process we should follow for handling
community updates to the localized text files in the AS? For example,
the various LocalDescriptions_fr.properties files.

The files are now in the AS codebase itself, so naturally people are
going to start sending in patches that directly edit them [1]. But I
suspect that's not the correct process, and perhaps changes need to go
through https://translate.jboss.org/ with the person proposing the patch
signing up and joining the appropriate language team?

If the process isn't as simple as us directly accepting patches via
github, it would be great to include some comments at the top of each
file pointing to instructions on how to submit fixes.

[1] For example, https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/pull/2292