[jboss-as7-dev] Consolidating ports under 80/443

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri May 18 10:52:21 EDT 2012

Was screwing around with a web socket implementation and thought, why
don't we use HTTP Upgrade as the basis for all of our proprietary
protocols?  That way we can consolidate and remove a bunch of different
ports we expose and have a standard way to initiate each of our pet
protocols.

That would of course require our Web container to actually allow and be
optimized for this, but that's a different conversation.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat