[jboss-as7-dev] CLI Recipes

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 14:35:02 EDT 2012

Hi Steve,

thanks for your contribution. All of them, actually, starting from the
early days :)

Looks great. Probably the only comments I could add:

- these articles advertise operations which is fine, although they are
complex syntax-wise and we'd probably like to promote commands instead.
Although, not all the things you described can be done with commands,
so, this also shows what should be improved on the CLI side.

- the same for the DMR syntax for parameter values, e.g. login-modules
is crazy to simply type in, although it's valid and fine. But if anybody
needs to type these things, it can be simplified a bit following
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/CLICompoundValueFormat.

- for standalone mode, when you describe how to add a driver, we could
also add how to add the driver's module using the module command. But
it's limited to the standalone only.

Thanks,
Alexey