[jboss-as7-dev] CLI Recipes

ssilvert at redhat.com ssilvert at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 15:13:27 EDT 2012

Good info, Stephen.

I gotta put in a plug for CLI GUI here.  When the syntax gets
complicated, it's a lot easier to do those tasks with the GUI.

For viewing lists of things, you just browse the tree.  No need for
typing commands.

For executing operations, you get a dialog box for all the inputs,
complete with context-sensitive help.  And you don't have to worry about
all that complex syntax and typing because CLI GUI does it for you.

Then when you've got a command that you want to put into a script you
just double-click the executed command and it will copy the command to
the system clipboard.

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/AGUIForTheCommandLineInterface

For AS7.2 you also get:
* Browse the file system to find and deploy applications
* Select deployments for undeploy
* Browse the file system to execute CLI scripts
* Remember the last 10 CLI scripts so you don't have to find them on the
file system next time

Stan