[jboss-as7-dev] Where to put test cases for fixes?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 13:09:34 EDT 2012

The distinction between basic and smoke is smoke runs every time anyone
does a normal build, while basic only runs if you pass some sort of
control flag to trigger it, such as -DallTests. The CI runs always pass
-DallTests, but devs just doing a build often won't.

We don't want smoke to take forever to run, so sticking a lot of tests
of small details in there isn't good. So, "can I deploy a basic sar and
access a few mbeans" sounds like a smoke test. A bunch of tests of
different sar deployments with different subtle characteristics -- those
belong in basic.

The other modules under testsuite/integration are all for tests that
require some sort of specialized environment to run.