[jboss-as7-dev] Why we have build emails

Jason Greene jgreene at redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 13:16:14 EDT 2012

We are sending build emails (for failures and restores only) to this list because a key priority is fixing or disabling all intermittent tests. It's a reminder that we all need to look at them and see what's going wrong. If you can spare a few minutes to help it would be much appreciated.

I estimate in a few weeks these intermittent failures will be gone, and only a "screw up" will lead to these emails being sent. This will hopefully lead to the data being useful and helpful to identifying problems.

If you are a casual observer, Jenkins sets a few headers that can easily be filtered. If it's still an annoyance I can try to tweak things to make them less common (digested once a day).

I hope everyone understands and appreciates the focus on improving out quality.

Thanks!