[jboss-as7-dev] How to verify a patches for non-public AS

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Wed Apr 17 13:00:31 EDT 2013

Hi,

>> I hope I'm not the only customer in this list who would like to be able
>> to check a fix to an issue before the next EAP release. :-)
> If you want the details, the easiest way to know that is to look at the bugzilla list for the release:
>
> For example:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?classification=JBoss&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=POST&bug_status=MODIFIED&bug_status=ON_DEV&bug_status=ON_QA&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=RELEASE_PENDING&bug_status=CLOSED&version=6.1.0&product=JBoss%20Enterprise%20Application%20Platform%206
This tells me someone else verified. It won't help me if I'm the issuer
and I want to check the fix works for my particular case, to give
feedback if not.

The only way I can check for myself, **before the next release**, is
either to get a "nightly" build, which AFIK aren't availabe for EAP, or
grab the sources and compile myself, which is also not possible with
EAP. Using the AS trunk is not ideal, but better than wait the next EAP
release.

[]s, Fernando Lozano