[jboss-as7-dev] EL 3

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 24 05:02:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

As shortly discussed before, Hibernate Validator has a dependency to EL as
of Bean Validation 1.1 (HV 5.0). Bean Validation can be used in all kinds
of applications, so we'd need an EL implementation which is generally
available/visible, not only for web applications as is IMO currently the
case.

In my local branch for updating the HV AS module to HV 5, I'm currently
working around this by including the EL RI JARs into the HV module, but of
course it would be better if there was a dedicated EL module upon which HV
could depend.

Could you consider this when doing the update of the EL dependencies?

Thanks,

--Gunnar