[jboss-as7-dev] Attribute meta-data: max-length

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 09:52:52 EST 2013

I somewhat regret using ModelType as the type for the "type" metadata in
the resource/operations descriptions. The descriptions are a higher
level construct than DMR itself and the meaning of the metadata is
somewhat different from the meaning of ModelNode.getType(). Using the
same thing for both leads to a temptation to push stuff into DMR that
doesn't belong there.

A new ModelType will create wire format issues. For us to consider that,
the new type would need to be solving some problem intrisic to DMR
itself, not a problem that exists at a higher level.