[jboss-as7-dev] "Open to Community" becomes "Awaiting Volunteers"

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:03:29 EDT 2013

A description would be nice. I'm sure there are several "Awaiting
Volunteers"-issues that look trivial but have non-trivial side-effects (one
reason it wasn't just fixed straight away). A quick pointer where to start
looking and whom to contact for more information would help.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Darran Lofthouse <
darran.lofthouse at jboss.com> wrote:

> That is a much better name.
>
> I wonder if we can take this one step further and ensure each one of
> these has a short description roughly describing what needs to be done
> to make it easier for a contributor to get started.
>
> Regards,
> Darran Lofthouse.
>

> On 03/14/2013 01:31 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> > Just an FYI -- we've renamed the AS7 JIRA Fix Version fka "Open to
> > Community" to "Awaiting Volunteers."  There's no change to the meaning
> > of this Fix Version; it's just a name that hopefully better describes
> > what it's all about.
> >
> > This is the definition of this Fix Version:
> >
> > "Issues that are considered valid, but are only expected to be completed
> > if a community member takes them on. Hence they are unscheduled pending
> > a commitment from a community member."
> >
> > The former name gave the impression that issues without this Fix Version
> > were not "open to the community" which was never the intent.

Nicklas Karlsson, +358 40 5062266
Vaakunatie 10 as 7, 20780 Kaarina