[jboss-as7-dev] "Open to Community" becomes "Awaiting Volunteers"

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 11:08:01 EDT 2013

This is a very good point. My guess is most "Awaiting Volunteers" issues
are fairly complex.

Before working on one of these, talk to the relevant component lead. If
getting it done is going to take a lot of mentoring and there's no one
available to do that, better to find out early. Same thing if there's a
schedule conflict -- you have time to work it now, but it's really not
appropriate for the AS version under development, and you are
uninterested in pursuing it if it won't surface until the next release.