[jboss-as7-dev] Parallel maven build: 33% improvement

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 11:25:29 EDT 2013

I do experiment lots with this feature :-)

also reason why we currently have just 4 non @ThreadSafe plugins in our
build...

Only problem I found with this was that arquillian tests usualy behave
quite strange.
so if you do paralel build with -DskipTests then this is great but for
actual testing it is not that good.
I usually do -DskipTests -T4 and then just run part of testsuite that i am
interested in.

Also you can use -T 4C which will tell him to use 4 real cores not just
logical ones.
But this config really depends on project & hardware you are on.

--
tomaz