[jboss-cluster-dev] JGroups configurations in JBoss AS 5

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 12:19:17 EST 2009

It's the default because it's what been used for years with relatively
few complaints. Also it doesn't involve opening new connections between
nodes, which is one less moving part and possible firewall issue.

That said, by default the HAPartition service also uses the same
protocol stack config as the JBC instances. But HAPartition supports
STREAMING_STATE_TRANSFER, so the protocol stack can be converted.

All that said though, this is another negative to putting JBC 3.1 in AS 5.1.