[jboss-cluster-dev] AS6 Infinispan integration documentation

Galder Zamarreño galder at jboss.org
Wed Dec 15 04:40:07 EST 2010

Good stuff Paul!! A few comments:

- I wonder whether adding an example in "Under the hood" section might help better explain the main differences between previous model and the current one. For example: Before, all web apps' sessions where stored in the same JBC Cache instance under different subtrees. Now, within the web session cache container, there''s an Infinispan Cache for each individual web app. I think this is somehow mentioned later, but it'd good to provide an example when comparing old JBC and Infinispan.

- In the infinispan-configs.xml, the section of "Individual cache container configurations can also be injected into an existing registry.". When would someone do this or would want to use this method?

- In the "JPA/Hibernate 2nd Level Cache" section, you might wanna link to http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14105 in case users want to configure more properties such as eviction/expiration ones?

- In "Using Infinispan Directly", I don't understand what's the difference between the two XMLs shown there. They both create the same bean?? At least the name and type is the same...

p.s. I think the cache injection stuff is really cool :)

On Dec 14, 2010, at 8:22 PM, Brian Stansberry wrote:

> Great job!
>
> On 12/14/10 12:40 PM, Paul Ferraro wrote:
>> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/InfinispanIntegrationinAS6
>>
>> Any feedback is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul