[jboss-cluster-dev] AS6 Infinispan integration documentation

Paul Ferraro paul.ferraro at redhat.com
Wed Dec 15 13:46:30 EST 2010

Thanks for the feedback.

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 10:40 +0100, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> Good stuff Paul!! A few comments:
>
> - I wonder whether adding an example in "Under the hood" section might
> help better explain the main differences between previous model and
> the current one. For example: Before, all web apps' sessions where
> stored in the same JBC Cache instance under different subtrees. Now,
> within the web session cache container, there''s an Infinispan Cache
> for each individual web app. I think this is somehow mentioned later,
> but it'd good to provide an example when comparing old JBC and
> Infinispan.

Hard to tell, but the web session, sfsb sections are meant to be
subsections of "Under the hood".  Point taken though - this could be
more clear.

> - In the infinispan-configs.xml, the section of "Individual cache
> container configurations can also be injected into an existing
> registry.". When would someone do this or would want to use this
> method?

If an application wanted to package its custom web/sfsb cache
configuration within its war/ear, and leave the infinispan-configs.xml
file untouched.
Point taken, I'll describe some potential use cases.

> - In the "JPA/Hibernate 2nd Level Cache" section, you might wanna link
> to http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14105 in case users want to
> configure more properties such as eviction/expiration ones?

Ah - I meant to do that.  Will add link.

> - In "Using Infinispan Directly", I don't understand what's the
> difference between the two XMLs shown there. They both create the same
> bean?? At least the name and type is the same...

One is an example of deploying a cache container created directly from a
factory - where the registry is never consulted.
The second is an example of deployed a cache container that is
registered with the registry.