[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of AOP on JBoss (Aspects/JBoss)] - Re: AOP ClassLoader/Scoping needs thoroughly revising

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 10:42:29 EDT 2007

Use case: "subsystem" aop config

We already have a concrete version of this in EJB3
where the EJB3 containers have a specific domain for the aop config.
But it is a hardwired implementation with no general support for this feature
to be used by other subsystems

Use Case 1: Adding advices for the JCA stack

I already prototyped a version of the JCA stacks through AOP.
e.g. You can define what behaviour to add in front of the jdbc api
for the jdbc outbound rar
but again this is a hardwired use of domains.

The key thing here is that we want the JCA advices (pooling, security, transaction
enlistment) only for the outbound jdbc rar. We don't want these advices
to apply to none JCA usage of jdbc.

Use Case 2: Different JCA stacks at the deployment level

The JCA stacks could actually be deployment specific themselves.
e.g. there is a local-jdbc.rar and an xa-jdbc.rar
which have different requirements

Use Case 3: Differfent JCA stacks at the instance level

The JCA stacks could even change for a specific data-source deployment in a -ds.xml
That is for this datasource only I want to add to or change the advice stack.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060851#4060851

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060851