[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Web Services] - JBossWS 2.1 embedded?

thomas.diesler@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 10:55:25 EDT 2007

Jonathan sais:

I'm giving some thought to the design of our functional test
suite for JBossTS XTS i.e. Web services transactions.  I'd
like to follow the same model as we use for JBossTS JTS,
where each test runs in its own JVMs. That means a lot of
starting and stopping containers!

I've been experimenting with Jetty, which has a ~5second
startup time for XTS, against 45-60seconds when running XTS
inside JBossAS.

Which brings me to the question... to what extent will
JBossWS 2.1 rely on JBossAS? Can it be run under any servlet
container, or does it need AS specific services? How about
using JBoss Embedded? I know AXIS will run happily in Jetty,
but I've not tried CFX or Metro.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060855#4060855

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060855