[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: Java 5 migration strategy

bdaw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 18:55:57 EDT 2007

Actually I don't see the big problem here:
- we don't need to upgrade whole codebase to the java 5 syntax (time consuming + branch sync issues)
- when you bug fix you code with backport (svn merge) in mind so probably won't use new syntax anywa...
- when you add new features you change/refactor a lot so such part can't be backported easily, and probably isn't supposed to be backported at all....

So lets naturally use java 5 in trunk for new stuff and during refactorings, and don't upgrade old code "just to".

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061064#4061064

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061064