[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: Initial UI Server Prototype Discussion

sohil.shah@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 6 09:46:19 EDT 2007

The protocol needs to be modelled under the form of a hierarchy of serializable objects.

What do you think of a more flexible object model with a leaner hierarchy...

Something like this:

  | public class UIRequest implements Serializable
  | {
  |      private String requestType;  //this signifies what type of function is asked for like
  |      getUIElement, processURL, moveWindow, removeWindow
  |
  |      private Map attributes; //this contains the data needed for a particular function
  | }

Something similar for UIResponse as well.

This way more functions can probably be integrated into the system pretty easily as well.

This would help to evolve the UIServer functionality over time while still keeping it lean and mean

btw- Now that we want to integrate at the second phase of the controller, a well thought out object model becomes very important

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061313#4061313

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061313