[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: Initial UI Server Prototype Discussion

julien@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 6 19:03:31 EDT 2007

at the same type I don't like objects which have fields which are unused or have no meaning if a discriminant has some value, it makes debugging harder and the model harder to understand.

we'll find the right balance.

"chris.laprun at jboss.com" wrote : "sohil.shah at jboss.com" wrote : anonymous wrote :
  |   |   | There are also other valid points that makes me prefer a hierarchy over an objects that aggregates all:
  |   |   |
  |   |   | - easier to debug
  |   |   | - easier to categorize
  |   |   | - inheritance and polymorphism can be leveraged
  |   |   |
  |   |
  |   | These are actually valid points.
  |   |
  |   | I am more concerned about the hierarchy overload from the standpoint of what objects are used/exposed to the Controller layer as it integrates with the UI Server.
  |   |

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061516#4061516

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061516