[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss (Clusters/JBoss)] - Re: Using JBossSerialization with HttpSession Replication (J

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 14:36:18 EDT 2007

Focus on AS trunk (i.e. 5.x).  For now I want to very much restrict new feature development in Branch_4_2. Branch_4_0 is definitely bug-fix only.

Suggest you start with a post on the JBoss Serialization forum to check the status of support for serializing non-Serializable classes; i.e. how stable, is it being actively maintained or developed, etc.  From what I understand, in the more recent JDK 5 releases, standard JDK serialization has fixed the stuff that had made JBoss Serialization more performant.  So, one reason for ongoing work on JBoss Serialization is gone.  Before introducing a feature to JBoss AS that depends on a JBoss Serialization feature, I want to be sure that the JBS feature is stable for the long term.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062094#4062094

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062094