[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: @JMX aspect and aop/mc integration

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 14:47:58 EDT 2007

Hmm. Seems AUTO is not totally trivial.  It's easy to validate whether a given class is either a DynamicMBean or meets the standard mbean naming rules.

But, @JMX has a required exposedInterface attribute. So, we have to validate that the bean is a valid mbean with respect to the given interface. Simple enough for the standard mbean check, but if the bean is a DynamicMBean, that basically means examining all the methods in the exposedInterface and checking the bean's MBeanInfo to confirm that there is a matching attribute or operation.

Doable, but involves a fair amount of code and a lot of testing. So, back to the original question: Do we still want to do the AUTO/STRICT/NONE approach?  The advantage versus the existing registerDirectly is a small ease of use benefit whereby users don't have to add registerDirectly=true to their annotation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062098#4062098

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062098