[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Uniquely identifying services and actions

mark.little@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 04:36:22 EDT 2007

"kurt.stam at jboss.com" wrote : I'm not sure EPR is the way to go as a Service can have multple EPRs, and you can have multiple Service instances listen to the same EPR.

Yeah, I said that ;-)

anonymous wrote :
  | In my opinion we need to pick unique names for our actions  within a deployment, as you'd like to do reporting on which specific instance is troublesome, not which (potentially distributed) service. Action names are required in the jbossesb-1.0.1 xsd.

Yes, that's true. So why not extend the Action interface so they have to report a unique name? Could be class specific or even instance specific, in case you ever want to deploy multiple instances of the same Action within the same chain.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062290#4062290

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062290