[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Uniquely identifying services and actions

tcunning do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 11:14:30 EDT 2007

"mark.little at jboss.com" wrote : "burrsutter" wrote : Actions vs Services for naming...
  |   |
  |   | From the user's perspective Actions are not unique since they can be reused from service to service by wiring in via the jboss-esb.xml.
  |   |

  | Yes, but within a deployment, the combination of esb instance, service name, action name and action instance name will be unique.

I'm not wholly against the concatenation approach, but it :

a) should be short as possible
b) should be something the users will recognize (and I think the most recognizable piece of information is the esb instance name)

Do we need both the action name and the action instance name?    Shouldn't we be able to get by with just one of these, since the instance name should be unique within the particular service?

With the nickname approach is it possible to enforce uniqueness across nodes, or would the "nickname" only be unique within a particular node?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062520#4062520

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062520