[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Uniquely identifying services and actions

tfennelly do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 11:23:19 EDT 2007

"tcunning" wrote : Do we need both the action name and the action instance name?    Shouldn't we be able to get by with just one of these, since the instance name should be unique within the particular service?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too.  Surely the action name is all that's needed and that only needs to be unique on a per service basis, right?

"tcunning" wrote : With the nickname approach is it possible to enforce uniqueness across nodes, or would the "nickname" only be unique within a particular node?

Personally I think the nickname will drive people bats because they'll need to perform some form of translation/mapping.  I'd think that the name people see should be all they need to have to take them directly to the service/action definition in question i.e. no translation required.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062527#4062527

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062527