[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss (Clusters/JBoss)] - Re: JBAS-4276 Discussion Thread

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 12:27:31 EDT 2007

Hmm. Hoisted (sic??) by my own petard.

Seems it's pretty consistently "ClusterPartition".  HAServiceMBean as well; that's the class end users are likely to use.  I named the attribute "ClusterPartition" when I added it for dependency injection of the ClusterPartitionMBean.

OK, then, "Partition" is out. Only reason it was on the list is I thought I'd used it.

I'm inclined to say make it "HAPartition" since the change of the attribute type breaks existing clients anyway.

(I'm not that concerned about client breakage due to API change; AS 5 is going to be a big change in general, and the "ClusterPartition" attribute is only about 1 year old, and was added for internal purposes, not to support some user feature.)

How about this (comments/arguments appreciated):

1) Make it "HAPartition".
2) The one place where the old "ClusterPartition" attribute was likely to be used by end users was HAServiceMBean. People could use it in -service.xml to inject the ClusterPartition. So there we *add* the "HAPartition" attribute, deprecate "setClusterPartition" and remove getClusterPartition.  A call to setClusterPartition just calls setHAPartition(clusterPartition.getHAPartition()).

As for getPartitionName(), I just blindly deprecated both the getter and setter.  I don't mind un-deprecating the getter.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062575#4062575

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062575