[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Uniquely identifying services and actions

tcunning do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 13:58:52 EDT 2007

Yes - this what I was trying to get at - transform_CSV2XML is another good example - two SmooksTransformers and two SystemPrintln actions within the same service.

The problem I see is that we don't enforce uniqueness on either <action name="XXX" .../> within a service or <service name="YYY" .../> within a .esb - for example :

  | <actions>
  |    <action name="print" class="org.jboss.soa.esb.actions.SystemPrintln">
  |        <property name="message" value="[transform_CSV2Smooks_Intermediate_format] Message before CVS to XML transformation" />
  |   </action>
  |   <action name="print" class="org.jboss.soa.esb.actions.SystemPrintln">
  |      <property name="message" value="[transform_CSV2Smooks_Intermediate_format] Message before CVS to XML transformation" />
  |    </action>
  | </actions>

Both actions have the name "print", and this deploys and runs fine.   I think that's going to be confusing to the user, and we should probably start enforcing uniqueness at deploy-time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062613#4062613

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062613