[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss (Clusters/JBoss)] - Re: JBAS-4276 Discussion Thread

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 16:11:05 EDT 2007

"JerryGauth" wrote :
  | I'm not familiar with the use of HAServiceMBeanSupport/HAServiceMBean.  The javadoc and class names suggest that this class is provided to allow clients to extend the implementation and integrate with their own clustered mbeans.  If we modify the mbean/implementation so that clients access the cluster's interface rather than its mbean, does that affect clients who might want access to the mbean itself?

In AS 5, the MBean is solely meant to be an interface for the use of management tools; it's not a client interface.  So, I have no problem with limiting clients to the HAPartition interface.

Not really limiting them anyway.  If a particular HAServiceMBeanSupport subclass wants access to the mbean, then it's trivial for them to override setClusterPartition and cache a ref to the mbean.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062673#4062673

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062673