[jboss-dev-forums] [Deployers on JBoss (Deployers/JBoss)] - Re: Ear deployment ordering broken in trunk

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 08:26:35 EDT 2007

"wolfc" wrote : It's not about stages. Both ejb deployers and client deployers should have the same stage configuration.

Of course its about stages (proper dependencies across deployments).
You shouldn't even be binding the appclient into jndi until the EJB is ready to use

What if the EJB deployment fails do you still bind the appclient into jndi?
I don't think so, but its what happens in jboss-4.x

What if the EJB is waiting for some other dependency in a totally different
deployment (that maybe will be added later - because the user forgot)?
Do you bind the appclient, again NO.

It is just a trivial case of a more generic problem that I have explained many times
but I haven't seen any movement on fixing it.

Once I've done classloading dependencies we (or more probably I ;-)
can use it as an example on how to do proper jndi (and other registry)
dependencies - inside the MC dependency mechanism.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062941#4062941

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062941