[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Java EE unified metadata prototype

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 08:53:51 EDT 2007

"alex.loubyansky at jboss.com" wrote : I looked into Adrian's metadata prototype for EJB2/3 (which hasn't been committed and isn't available publicly).

  | - the bindings are done with java annotations and it's based on jbossxb-builder. We will need to release the jbossxb-builder if we decide to follow this approach

The annotations are out-of-date, they would need updating to the JAXB annotations.

anonymous wrote :
  | - the DDs are supposed to be unmarshalled into different object graphs and then merged, right?

Unless you know of a way to unmarshal two seperate files into one object mode
simultanously? :-)

anonymous wrote :
  | - the binding between Java and XML is exact, i.e. each XML element (even if are not interested in it) will be represented in the Java model, right?

I'm assuming that even if JBoss (during deployment) doesn't
use the information then somebody else might. Maybe even in their own deployer?
It also allows for the object model to be changed (programmatically)
and remarshalled back to the xml - something that's currently impossible
(at least for org.jboss.metadata) because the parsing is not reversable.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062950#4062950

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062950