[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Java EE unified metadata prototype

alex.loubyansky@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 09:17:19 EDT 2007

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : anonymous wrote :
  |   | - the DDs are supposed to be unmarshalled into different object graphs and then merged, right?
  |   |

  | Unless you know of a way to unmarshal two seperate files into one object mode
  | simultanously? :-)

That was one of the goals for ObjectModelFactory API. Although the parsing code based on that we currently have is quite messy...
Taking the SchemaBinding maybe it would be possible to write custom particle handlers or add a better support for this to XB itself.

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : I'm assuming that even if JBoss (during deployment) doesn't
  | use the information then somebody else might. Maybe even in their own deployer? It also allows for the object model to be changed (programmatically)
  | and remarshalled back to the xml - something that's currently impossible
  | (at least for org.jboss.metadata) because the parsing is not reversable.

There could be something like an adapter to hide structural differences between the XSD and the Java model.
But I guess you were trying to follow the XSD structure in Java object model and keep it as close as 1-to-1?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062962#4062962

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062962