[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: MAVEN: build change

Kevin.Conner@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 10:40:35 EDT 2007

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : What I want to be able to say is in "build"
  | 'the common version for jboss-test is 1.4-SNAPSHOT"
  | in one of the projects
  | 'I use jboss-test"
  | so it is a dependency of my project.

The dependencyManagement section specifies the version and scope of the dependency.  You would still specify the dependency in the pom but would not require the version nor the scope.

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : I don't want all the dependencies from "build" being dragged through into my project.
They won't be, this is the dependency metadata.

"adrian at jboss.org wrote : If so, then we can add a big warning in each pom.

  |   | <!-- SPECIFY THE VERSION YOU WANT TO USE IN ../build/pom.xml  NOT HERE -->
  |   |
Sounds like a good idea to me :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063019#4063019

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063019