[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: MetaBridge

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 11:06:52 EDT 2007

"julien at jboss.com" wrote : I was thinking that we could use a servlet wrapping the JSF servlet that would substitute the Thread Context ClassLoader with a ClassLoader that would provide the same behavior than what today the SAR with ClassLoader behavior we have.

For JBoss, you can already set a classloader in jboss-web.xml.  But I assume you already knew that and you are talking about portability to non-JBoss environments?

In that case, I suggest that you use a filter to set the Thread Context ClassLoader instead of wrapping the FacesServlet.  FacesServlet is not meant to be extended or wrapped.   For JSF 1.1, you could probably get away with it if your wrapper still follows JSF 1.1 spec section 10.2.6.2.  But a filter seems like a simpler solution.

Just be careful that your custom classloader allows the semantics of the FactoryFinder to work properly as per JSF 1.1 spec section 10.2.6.1.

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063040#4063040

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063040