[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Tagging is not possible anymore because of Thirdparty

bill.burke@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 12 19:09:52 EDT 2007

Last embedded JBoss I released I tagged trunk hoping that if a user had problems, I could rebuild and provide a hot fix.

Unfortunately, because repository.jboss.org and Trunk's thirdparty references SNAPSHOTS, a JBoss-security snapshot was upgraded that broke my Tagged trunk and I cannot build the tagged SVN anymore.

How can we fix this?  When you tag trunk, also tag repository.jboss.com and point build-thirdparty at repository.jboss.com?  Is this a feasible solution?  Or do we need to enforce projects checking in snapshots to thirdparty, to add a build number or something.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063751#4063751

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063751