[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss (Clusters/JBoss)] - Reorganizing clustering testsuite

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 15 11:11:01 EDT 2007

The clustering testsuite is somewhat disorganized and takes far too long to run.  The "far too long to run" problem is mostly due to repeating tests multiple times under different configs (REPL_ASYNC vs REPL_SYNC, buddy replication or not, UDP/TCP/TCP_NIO).  Some tests get executed 9 times!!  Some of this duplication is valid, but much of it isn't.

I'm going to go through and determine for which tests there is benefit from execution under different configs. I'll then organize the testsuite into packages such that it's easy to create ant patternsets to specifically target groups of tests for a particular config.  Then update the testsuite build.xml to properly invoke the more limited patternsets.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064322#4064322

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064322