[jboss-dev-forums] [Deployers on JBoss (Deployers/JBoss)] - Re: AS Startup time suggestions?

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 13:10:47 EDT 2007

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote :
  | I've made no quantative effort on this subject and I personally am
  | not going to look at optimization until we get closer to the final release.
  | "Early optimization is the root of all evil". :-)

And even then the main optimization effort should be spent on the runtime
not the deployment.

It's perfectly acceptable to slow down the bootstrap to improve runtime performance.
e.g. the classloader creates an index of every package in every jar deployed to speed up
the classloading during the runtime.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065902#4065902

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065902