[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss (Clusters/JBoss)] - Re: JBAS-4574 and JBAS-1476

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 12:36:55 EDT 2007

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote : "adrian at jboss.org" wrote : "bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote :
  |   |   | [OT] Re: 'the "view change" is less than it previously was" after a cluster restart. No.  The viewId passed between the server and HA clients is not a counter.  It is a hash of the service's cluster topology.
  |   |
  |   | Nice fix. You just broke all the old clients that assume its a counter.
  |
  | What fix?  I never changed anything; this is the way viewId has worked in any clustering code I've looked at.  I have no idea where this counter concept you have comes from; maybe some early version.  It's not the way it works at least since 4.0.3 (and I didn't touch it there).

You calling me an old timer? :-)

My guess is Sacha changed it when refactored the whole thing to do his
cluster family stuff?
Either that or I'm just going senile. ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067106#4067106

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067106